Wayes were contracted by CSSL when they were prime contractor to the Kenyan PTT, covering network enhancement to new digital switching technology. The supplier being GPT Siemens (now Marconi Communications). Wayes produced the requirement and design definitions for the Kenya "Operations & Maintenance Network". The definitions had to cover the integration of the new switching technology into an existing operational network, including its existing operational processes and resource structure. The requirement therefore
- Catered for a number of switch variants
- Combined both urban and rural communications networks
- Provided a full range of administration functions
- Specified fraud monitoring of international operator assistance calls
- Recommended the physical infrastructure required to support such a management facility.